It matters to this one

Every year I have taught I have been able to find at least one reason why I was teaching. This year it happened to be 2 reasons, lets call them CT and AR. Both troubled boys with no fathers in their lives. I had the chance to be a mentor for them. I got to see them grow from being angry at the world to being happy well adjusted children. CT moved off with his real mom at the end of the year. AR prepares for life in 6th grade.

I don't teach for the academics of it, I teach for the ones that need a mentor.

I look down at my teaching career and I don't know what to do, should I stay or should I go?

Pray for me that I will be led by God's Spirit to be where He wants me.

Comments

Unknown said…
I am praying that God will open and close doors so that you will go in the path He has planned for you. I am proud of the ministry you do through your teaching, and I love you!
Our prayers are with you. I know that you have been a huge blessing to the kids you have taught over the years. I'm positive you will be a blessing in any other area you would choose to serve in. Blessings and prayers as you look at the opportunities around you. I love you, too!

Give those kiddos and your darling wife a hug! I miss you guys!
Gabe Moudy said…
Your ministry focus always amazes me and its always cool to tell folks about what you do and why. God does change our ministries, though, and I'll be praying for you to see what door is open.

Popular Posts