13 things I love about my teenager

Noah turned 13 last week. He is officially a teenager.
I am sure everyone expects me to say that the music is too loud, the mood swings are terrible and he never talks to us. Well, WRONG! Let me tell you the thirteen things I love about Noah!


1. He is funny! He has a great sense of humor. He likes to kid around, pull pranks, and laugh!
2. He likes his family. Noah likes to spend time as a family. He always has. He joins in, he is involved.
3. He likes good music. You all know how we are about music. It is great to have this bond with Noah. He has actually stretched my taste in music.
4. He likes to try new things. Noah has also picked up a few new hobbies over the past year; the ripstick, disc golf, the electric guitar, and mountain bike riding. Oh, and singing!
5. He has great friends. Our whole family has made big changes over the past 18-24 months. One big change has been friends. It is hard to loose friends you've had since you were a toddler. Noah has handled it all with great maturity and class. He has some awesome new friends. We love to have them over.
6. He is his own man. Noah does not have to blend into the crowd. He has no problem with thinking for himself, or being different. (Not sure where he gets that ;)
7. He helps. I have seen Noah transition from always asking why he has to do something into a guy who gets up and helps when he is asked. (Most of the time)
8. He has an incredible musical ear. It amazes me how fast he can figure out a song. He can play it on the keyboard or the guitar, he can even sing. What a gift from God!
9. He isn't ashamed of his faith. I'm pretty sure he isn't trying to convert the junior high, but I am sure that he is serious about his faith and he doesn't hide it. Noah lives his faith out loud. Not by beating others over the head, but by love and example.
10. He plays Guitar Hero with me. I love that he isn't too cool to play with his mom. He even lets me pick songs on the set list!
11. I love his hair. I don't care what anyone else says, I love it!
12. He is responsible. Noah has proven himself to us in many ways. I appreciate his willingness to babysit on occasion for us. I love that he lets Micah stay home with him every afternoon while I make the 15 minute round trip to pick up Chloe.
13. He is an awesome son! Noah is an incredible child for many reasons, too many to write. I thank God for giving him to us. I pray we don't mess him up too bad!

Comments

Unknown said…
I am so glad you are heading into the teen years with joy! I personally found my children fascinating at that age, felt privileged to have them in my life (still do), and considered them to be some of the best spiritual teachers I had ever had. You go, Noah!
Robyn said…
I love having such an amazing nephew!!!
Well I can't find anything I don't like about Noah!!!
nana

Popular Posts