Don't forget your lunch!

It has been one wild summer! There have been some changes in the Cook household. Some of us are a few inches taller, a couple of shades darker and four teeth fewer. Noah experienced camp for the first time, Chloe and Micah combed the beach for the first time and we have a new patio. Our relationship with God is deeper and headed down an exciting path. It has been an amazing summer, and I wouldn't have changed a moment.

But now we are looking at a new school year. In less than a week we will be back to our normal schedule. Matt is already back to work. Noah and Chloe start school Monday. It will just be me and Micah.

I like to tease the kids and tell them I am excited, that Micah and I will finally have the house back, but it actually makes me sad. Yes, it will be quieter, but I realize that we are one year closer to a driver’s license! Before we know it, Noah will be off to college, Chloe will be in high school, and Micah will be bigger!!! Life is just going too fast. Sometimes I think it would be nice to slow it down a little. I guess that's what summer is; a time to slow down and enjoy one another.

But now it's time to put away the swimsuits, let the air out of the dolphin and till up the garden. It's time for school! Don't forget your lunch!!

Comments

Robyn said…
I'm so glad that you had such a great summer! It sounds like it was absolutely perfect!

Love you!
Have fun at school! (or at home!) Glad you had some good time together this summer. Your kiddos really are getting so big. Where does the time go???
You made me cry...not nice! I had a dream about the kids and you last night...no idea where Matt was! :) I miss y'all. I'll send some school supplies soon! :)
Love you!!
Lindsay
Unknown said…
So how has the first week gone??? Eager to see you all, Love, Mam

Popular Posts