Lions and Tigers and Rattle snakes? Oh My!



Chloe had her first field trip this week. One hundred kindergartners from Azle traveled to the Fort Worth Zoo! In fact, there were 115 school buses full of children at the zoo on Thursday. Needless to say, it was an eventful day.
It was also Chloe's first experience on a school bus. She was not crazy about the idea. "They aren't air conditioned you know." Such a girl. The bus ride was always one of Noah's favorite parts of the annual field trip. Not Chloe, she might get too hot.
There were certain animals each child wanted to see that day. Giraffes, elephants, tigers, lots of animals you don't normally see walking around Azle. So I asked Chloe what she wanted to see more than anything. "A rattle snake!" Really? We dream big in the Cook household!
Fortunately for her, the zoo keeps a few rattle snakes in the snake house. White and brown. And, because of the heavy volume of children that day, the brown one was extremely agitated. You could actually hear his tail through the glass. It made her day.
(I can't believe Chloe's first year of school is almost over. She has learned so much this year. She can read, tie her shoes, sing lots of new songs. It is just amazing. It just all goes by too fast.)
Well, our zoo trip was great. We had lots of fun. Chloe's favorites? "Petting the chicken, the tree frog, the big turtle and of course the rattle snake. Especially the rattle snake!" - Keely

Comments

Unknown said…
I'm with Chloe. I HATE being hot!!Would love to see you all.
Robyn said…
Oh, that is just too funny!!! Chloe is FAR MORE brave than her aunt Robbie . . . you couldn't pay me enough money to even step foot into the snake house! I did it once and started hyperventilating!
115 buses full of kids ... in one place ... makes me want to faint. Seeing a rattle snake also makes me want to faint. And being too hot has made me faint before. Sounds like you guys had a GREAT time, though. With no fainting. :)

Popular Posts