I'm in tall corn now

It’s official, according to Accu Weather by Cooks 5.3 (five of us and 3 pets) all danger of frost is over. (Brought to you in HD)

The kids and I planted the rest of the garden yesterday. Alan got us some 95 day field corn from Iowa! I thought it would be fun to have some REALLY tall corn in the backyard! Of course we planted the usually, tomatoes, peppers; we already had onions, Rosemary, and Cilantro. By the way you can make some killer chicken with the Fresh Rosemary.

The garden is expensive, so far well over 100 Washington’s and counting. It's not about what it cost, it's about having something to do with the kids that everyone can help do. Great teamwork principals are taught here.

When one of the workers complains I always am quick to mention "Are you going to eat part of this garden?" If the answer is yes than you must help. In a world full of technology it always is amazing to watch the wonderment of new life through the wide eyed amazement of a child. It never ceases to amaze me when you plant something and new life suddenly appears.

How does your garden grow?

Comments

Unknown said…
Way to go! Although, I HATE working in the garden, too. It's hot, sweaty, and itchy. And I'm only going to eat the corn and tomatoes. Does cooking them get me a share????
Robyn said…
You are such a good daddy!!!
You ARE a good Daddy! Way to go.

Between you, and Gabe getting calves, I'd venture to guess that you boys like to play "farm" ... but that's just a guess.

How did I not end up more like this?? I kill any plant I touch and am not so much a fan of the animals.

And by the way ... I really appreciate your explanation of Cooks5.3. I was beginning to expect a call any day now, telling me to look out for someone new in 6 more months. ;)

Popular Posts