Green about the gills


We've had a special visitor the past few days. Mr. Stomach Virus. He has been visiting both Noah and Chloe's classrooms for the past few weeks, making special, random home visits. I thought we had somehow been snubbed by Mr. Virus till Thursday morning.

My dad was in Iowa last week. When he goes out of town, my mom like to have the kids over to spend the night. (She really is seeking their protection.) Micah and Chloe spent the night with her Wednesday night. Apparently Mr. Virus decided to visit Chloe there around 3 am. My mom has to play hostess. Needless to say, she was ready to send all three of them to my house first thing Thursday morning.

He only wanted to visit with Chloe on Thursday, but Friday his friend Mr. High Fever decided come and visit as well. Mr. Virus only talked with Chloe, but Mr. Fever liked all the children. In fact, Mr. Virus left yesterday afternoon. Unfortunately, Mr. Fever is still with Micah.

Don't get me wrong. I like guests, but these two are rude. If they come knocking on your door, hand them a tall glass of Lysol and send them on their way. Keely

Comments

Robyn said…
Oh, that is miserable!! I hope all gets well soon. Keely, you're too funny though talking about Mr. Virus. I have to say that Mr. Virus is NOT welcome in my house!
AWW! I'm sorry you all are sick. However, i greatly appreciated the following items in your story:
1. Mom needing the kids' protection..so true! However, I cannot judge her seeing as I drove Micah a total of 6hrs to get his protection.
2. The fact that every virus has a formal title (Mr. High Fever) and the fact that none of them are Mrs.

Get better! -Lindsay
Jill Moudy said…
So sorry! That's terrible. Hope you got rid of the Mr. Guys over the weekend. We should all buy stock in Lysol! Hope you and Matt avoid it - wash, wash, wash your hands!! (and don't forget your thumbs - one of those helpful hints we learned in nursing school)
yuck! That doesn't sound fun at all. I HATE throwing up ... its the worst. (not that having a fever is a walk in the park!) Hope the kiddos feel better soon and the Misters don't get to you guys, too. :(

Popular Posts