Dangerous crafts



There are many dangers in this world, but none come closer to our home than that of crafting. (Unless we are talking about the dangers of siblings, which both may apply here.) Many projects and many disasters are created daily. They love to cut, glue, glitter and paint anything they can get their hands on. Needless to say we have MANY spills and accidental happenings. I guess I have become desensitized to the call of "Mom!"
One night Micah was calling for me and unfortunately I was not listening. Matt was in tune to the call this evening and went to check it out. He reappeared with Micah and what seemed to be a small stapler in his hair. He could not get it out and was seeking reinforcement. And, what looked like a stapler was actually a hole punch twisted in his mass of long thick hair. Matt wanted to cut it out. (Could you imagine? It was right in the front!) After a little work, I got it out. But I may never look at a hope punch the same way again. Who knew crafting could be so dangerous. - Keely

Comments

I can only imagine how often you have 'crisis' at your house! :) Bless your hearts! haha

Love the pic.
I have, too, experience the gifted craftiness of your children. I have also experienced when crafting goes bad...i.e. you and me with beads...I think I still have bead shards in my eyes! :) I think this tops when mom gave Chloe scissors to cut her own hair! :)

I love your kids.
Robyn said…
I'm seriously laughing right now!! I'll be watching out for crazy hole punchers that are on the loose . . . poor, Micah!!

Popular Posts