Little Sisters


Yesterday was my little sister's birthday. Lindsay is 23, married, a college graduate and about to move to Japan for a year. She's not so little anymore.

We went to her graduation about a month ago. She is the first of our family (the Craig's) to graduate. This is a huge deal to us! But as I sat in the audience, all I could think was, "how does the little girl who would tattle when I wouldn't wear my seat belt pass me by? She is a brilliant designer and wife. She in charge of an entire dorm full of girls. When did she grow up?

My mom likes to tease us and say that I raised her. I am nine years older. (did you catch that one Lindsay?) And, I would love to take the credit, but there is no way I had a hand in making her the wonderful woman she is today. God has blessed our family with her!

Yesterday was my little sister's birthday! What a great day! - Keely

Comments

:::BLUSHING::::

WOW! I have the best big sister EVER! I may have been the 1st to graduate, but I can only aspire to be 1/2 the person that you are. A beautiful family and heart for God that some don't seem to understand.

The NINE year distance may have been massive when we were younger, however now I have not only a great sister, but the best friend I have ever had and ever will!

I LOVE YOU!

Lindsay
Robyn said…
Even though I don't know Lindsay that well, I do know that she is wonderful. I also know that you are truly amazing and that your love for Lindsay certainly helped her be the wonderful woman she is today. No one can know you, Keely, and not be changed by you.

I can't believe she's 23 either! She was so little when you and Matt married. Funny how we all grow up, huh?
homecooks said…
Time moves much too fast! We were young back then too! Now I'm married with three children! But life would be boring if we didn't grow and change.

Keely
ditto to everything Robyn said. :) I fully agree ... she just writes it better than I could.

BTW - i like that you write on the blog, too. It is really nice to "hear" from both of you! :)

Popular Posts