Don't Wave

Sometimes I wish I could capture a moment and bottle it forever. Last night was such a moment. As we were putting the kids to bed Micah had to wear his Spiderman Costume from Halloween. Nothing is sweeter in life than tucking them in and seeing Micah lying there with his bulging Spiderman muscles grinning from ear to ear.

It reminds me of how we should view life with the same wild eyed amusement and enjoyment. Sometimes we loose sight of how wonderful moments in this life can be. We need to not be like Jack Sparrow who waves at those moments as they pass by, but realize it is a taste and glimpse of what heaven is.

It also reminds me of how God must see us as we daily when we are content and happy. He simply smiles at the joy of it all. May I relearn what it is to have the joy of a child!

Life is too short not to savor every moment. Don't let it pass you by.

Comments

Robyn said…
Oh, how I long to tuck that sweet Micah into his bed with his bulging Spiderman muscles peaking out from under the covers!!! My heart is so happy just imagining it, so thanks for sharing that. This is why we LOVE blogging!!!
Amen to loving blogging for these stories! That is absolutely precious. I can picture him right now. ADORABLE!!!
This comment has been removed by the author.
A. This is why you need to have a camera on you at ALL times...much like the Chloe/squirrel incident.

B. Matt, you have an amazing talent for wording things. I am so thankful you are part of my family.

C. Keely - nice proofreading/editing! :)
I tell the Chloe/squirrel story a lot! You should post that story. :)

Popular Posts